Travel Bucket List – 10 places to see before you die!

austria hc lifestyle

Hi all you lovely people,

I thought this might be a fun and interactive one to share with you!

Of course, the title is a bit tongue-in.cheek and should actually say "places to see before I die", because it's MY bucket list, but this is catchier. It worked, didn't it 😛

Just having some fun. Feel free to comment and share!

I would love to hear YOUR travel bucket list, and more destinations for me to adventure to someday.

Enjoy!!

Headline for My Ultimate Travel Bucket List - MUST-see places before you die!

Helene Choo

Helene Choo

Owner

items
votes
238
views

My Ultimate Travel Bucket List - MUST-see places before you die!

This is my travel bucket list of 10 places I would love to visit someday in my lifetime. Some are countries, some are cities... Many are places that have been recommended to me by friends and family. What are your travel bucket list places?

Metropolitan City of Venice

Metropolitan City of Venice

Ah, the beautiful city of Venice. How romantic! I picture waterways where I can float down slowly in a gondola. Dreamy, right?
Have you visited yet?

Chile

Chile

Many people say that I should visit Chile. I don't know much about this country and I'm willing to find out more!
Do you have any recommendations for traveling to Chile?

Granada

Granada

I've heard a lot of great things about Granada! Apparently, the city is very young and vibrant. Can't wait to check it out sometime! Have you seen Granada, and what did you think of it?

Australia

Australia

This has been at the top of my travel bucket list for a while! From the port of Sydney, to Melbourne, I would love to do a tour of the whole island! And of course, see the adorable kangaroos.
Have you been to Australia, and how did you find it?

Hong Kong

Hong Kong

I want to visit Hong Kong mainly for the food! I've heard that the Dim Sum there is heavenly... Have you been?

Japan

Japan

I've never been to Japan before! From all the pop culture references to the food influences (sushi!), I'm curious too see what is true about all the things we learn. I also realy want to see the cherry blossom trees, they always look so beautiful on pictures! What are your thoughts on Japan?

Iceland

Iceland

Iceland is well-known for the Northern Lights and the hot springs, both things that I would love to experience!
I'm only a bit scared of how cold it can get there...What experiences have you had in Iceland?

Moscow

Moscow

Quite curious about Russia, since I've never been before. Moscow seems like a very cultural place with many things to see and do! What was your impression?

Copenhagen

Copenhagen

Another popular one that I haven't been to! I'd like to go and try the original Danish pastries there, and look at the minimalist style.
What are your thoughts on Copenhagen?

Turkey

Turkey

It's a big shame about the recent unrest...My parents have been there and told me it's worth visiting! I would love to go someday. Which places in Turkey do you recommend going to?

Inspired to travel? Book it and go!

Booking.com

To discover what essentials to absolutely pack for these dream destinations, take a look at these summer beach, city, and hiking packing lists!

Helene is a lifestyle blogger whose goal is to inspire others to live their life to the fullest. She loves dancing, and she would love to see as much of the world as possible!

1. iheartyouworld
    July 13, 2017

Great list! I would like to visit all of these places. 😀 <3

July 13, 2017

Thanks!! I’m glad you liked it❤️❤️

2. yourfriendkate
    July 16, 2017

I’d love to go to most if these places too!! Unfortunately they aren’t quite as easy for me to get to for two reasons, firstly I’ve a severe flying phobia (I wish I didn’t because I love holidays!!) And secondly being disabled I have to plan plan and plan some more because not everywhere is very accessible!!!

July 16, 2017

And that’s a shame! Yeah I really think they should work on that part!! Wish you all the best and awesome holidays in the future❤️

1. yourfriendkate
        July 16, 2017

3. ShootingStarsMag
    July 17, 2017

I haven’t been to any of these places YET but some would be great to visit like Iceland and seeing the Northern Lights.

July 17, 2017

Yeeees that would be so awesome!

4. Amanda Frazier
    July 17, 2017

Iceland has been on my list for years!

July 17, 2017

Same!!:)

5. Fitfoodfashionflorida
    July 17, 2017

I love this list! Dying to travel to them all. I’ve only been to Venice which I definitely agree with!

July 17, 2017

Thank you!!:) oooh I’m so glad it met your expectations:) can’t wait to see it one day!

6. Laina Turner
    July 17, 2017

Several of these are on my list too. There are so many amazing things to see out in the world.

July 17, 2017

You’re so right about that:)

7. Oh Beehave!
    July 18, 2017

I still have about a thousand places I want to visit! The Maldives is up there for relaxation and for adventure I want to go back to India and then up to do some trekking in Nepal. I haven’t seen enough of Europe yet either so there’s that too… so many options I hope to tick them all off my list one day. Plus there are heaps of places I want to go back to as well.

I’m from Australia so I was excited to see us on your list… but just an FYI if you’re planning to visit the whole “island” as you mention it’s quite large… (we’re talking about 5.5 hour flight from one side to the other) so you probably want to leave yourself about a year if you’re thinking of driving around the whole country (that’s on my list of things to do one day too!)

July 18, 2017

Hahahaha it would be amazing to travel around Aus for a year! Maldives are definitely a good one, I’ll add that to my mental list:) the beaches there look amazing! So many places to explore:) thanks for your comment!

8. Taylor Mobley
    July 18, 2017

Copenhagen is totally on my list as well! All these places seem absolutely amazing!

July 18, 2017

I know, I’d love to see all of them soon!:)

9. Isabelle Weber
    July 18, 2017

Oh my wanderlust alert! Those look like dream locations, hopefully I can get to some of them one day 🙂

July 18, 2017

Haha wanderlust alert indeed! Me too:)

10. Sami Summers
    July 18, 2017

Oh this is a wonderful list! I have most of there on my bucket list as well!

July 18, 2017

Thank you!:)

11. I’ve been to many beautiful places in my life which I’m thankful for but I still want to see more and all these places (espesially Hong kong) are on my bucket list. I have been to Turkey before and loved it.

Jordanne || THELIFEOFAGLASGOWGIRL.CO.UK

July 22, 2017

Awesome! I want to visit Turkey sometime, I can imagine it’s unlike any of the places I’ve been before!

12. Gareth
    August 9, 2017

Go and visit Copenhagen, as soon as you can! Thank me later.

It’s an amazing place.

Some things you have to eat when you’re there;
    – Frikadeller – Meatballs
    – Kanelsnegl – Cinnamon rolls
    – Brunsviger – A cake made with a lot of brown sugar. Not good for the teeth, but good for the tastebuds.

Some places you have to go to;
    – The Tap House; 50+ international craft beers on tap.
    – Tivoli, the worlds (2nd, I think) oldest amusement park.
    – Christania (if it’s running again) – Self-governing hippy community with it’s own “laws”.
    – Nyhavn – Picturesque harbour.
    – The zoo – Tonne of animals, naturally.
    – Frederiksborg castle – Stunning castle and surroundings.

August 9, 2017

Wow, thanks for all the recommendations! You’ve made me want to visit even more now😁 I’ll definitely keep all of those in mind for when I go!

13. pennyglobetrove
    August 22, 2017

Great list. I can’t believe that I’ve done only Moscow from your list. Oh well… More places to visit and see!

August 22, 2017

Thank you! I can’t believe I’ve never been to any of these places haha!

14. Yeshi
    August 22, 2017

More to add to my list! I love that you’ve included Chile and Turkey – I feel that they are underrated destinations! My list includes Iceland, Czech Republic (Prague), Macau…to name a few!

August 22, 2017

Oooh yes you also have some unconventional places I see!:) Iceland would be great if only it weren’t so cold there!:P

15. Farah Al Zadjaly
    August 22, 2017

There are some great choice, some are on my list as well. I definitely want to see Japan and Chile.

August 22, 2017

Yes, those are really different from what I’m used to over here in Europe:) What are some of your other ones?

16. Kimberly Kruty
    August 22, 2017

This was such a good idea ! The top place to visit on my list is Switzerland. I also would love to visit Greece.

August 22, 2017

I lived in Switzerland for 2 months:) It was very scenic. Oooh Greece is next for me, going to Santorini in September.

17. lexieanimetravel
    August 22, 2017

I guess we all have different travel bucketlist 😀 but I’d love to visit Venise in febuary with the love of my life 🙂 and Iceland for its wonderful and enormous waterfalls 🙂 nice list by the way.

August 22, 2017

thank you! happy you liked it:)

18. Who do I do
    August 23, 2017

Chile and Japan are high on my bucket list! We spend 4 weeks on the east coast of Australia last year and would love to go back to roadtrip from Sydney to Perth. Would love to go to Sri Lanka! The dim sum in HK is sooo good!

August 23, 2017

Oh yes, an Australian road trip would be the dream! I don’t have a driving licence though, unfortunately:( So jealous about the dim sum haha!

19. Shaily
    August 23, 2017

Great list! I haven’t visited any of them yet although 8 of them exist in my long travel list. 🙂

August 23, 2017

Thanks! Haha, we should travel to those together then!:)

20. Alicia
    August 23, 2017

I love this list! I’ve visit five of these (Chile, Japan, Copenhagen, Hong Kong, Australia) and I’d go back to any in a heart beat. Definitely go to Chile and Japan. Deeeeefffinitely go to Japan. It gives you futuristic cities, pristine nature, chaos and zen, hedonism and beauty all in one. And Chilean Patagonia is truly out of this world. I want to hit up Iceland next for it’s otherworldy naturescapes!

August 23, 2017

Thanks a lot for your comment:) I would love to go to Japan, because I’m Asian, but not from there. So I would love to see how different Japanese culture is from the others I’ve experienced. And I would go to Iceland if it wasn’t so cold there all the time:P

21. digitaltravelg
    August 23, 2017

What a great inspirational list you have put together, I also would love to visit Chile and tour the rest of South America, and Iceland looks amazing too. My bucket list just never ends lol.

August 23, 2017

Thank you!:) Yes, my actual one is also never ending haha! It would be way too long for a blog post…But I tried to put together a variety of the places I would love to visit:) I’ve never been to South America! I guess the whole continent would be one item on the bucket list! Thanks for commenting:)

22. ambujsaxena05
    August 23, 2017

I haven’t visited many places that you have listed. Well my bucket list is really long! But the one on the top of my bucket list is Iceland for the Aurora Borealis! I would love to witness nature play around with its properties.

August 23, 2017

That’s awesome! Yes, that’s at the top of the list for many people:) Thanks for commenting!

23. lisa
    August 23, 2017

great list! I love the East but would love to visit Iceland it is on my bucket list!

August 23, 2017

Haha I think Iceland takes the top spot here in the comments:) Northern Lights would be pretty fun!

24. Thewanderingdarlings
    August 23, 2017

We have so many of the same places on our bucket list!! Loved reading your list and I’m with you on Iceland and Moscow. The more I see if Iceland the more I just want to get there.

August 23, 2017

Aw I’m so glad! Iceland seems to be the hit of the list:) That’s the dilemma of travelling though, the more attractive the place, the more people go there, and the less attractive it gets haha! Plus, there’s the cold…There are just too many amazing places to see in this world:)

25. Rahat Arora
    August 24, 2017

Yes theses places are must to be in everyone travel list but I have additional list to these places like New Zealand, Canada, especially Niagara falls

August 24, 2017

I’ve been there:) New Zealand I would have to visit because I´m a big Lord of the Rings fan! I need to see those sets:)

26. Alexandria Iveson
    August 24, 2017

Great list! Lots of these are on mine. I loved Iceland it’s such an incredible place so definitely visit if you get the chance! 🙂

August 24, 2017

Thank you! I’ll have to brave the cold if I do go then!! When did you go? And did you see the Northern Lights?