Birchbox September Edition

birchbox spain september

I've been subscribed to Birchbox since the start of the year! I love it, because I get to try loads of different beauty products from brands that I hadn't heard of before. You get 3 sample-sized and 1 full-sized product in each box, and an extra goodie in the form of a discount for a partner service (I got a free trial for HBO once!) or a gift. The products are super high-quality, usually organic, and have never disappointed me. By the way, these posts will not be sponsored by Birchbox (for now).

Even though I'm subscribed to Birchbox Spain, the brands are usually international, so you can get the products anywhere:)

The boxes are always really nicely designed, and this month was no exception!

birchbox spain september

Birchbox Spain September Edition in partnership with Kenway Home - how pretty is that turquoise and red-gold combo?

Let me show you what awesome beauty products were in this month's box!

birchbox spain september

Naobay - Body Radiance Lotion

naobay body radiance lotion

This body lotion by Naobay smells deliciously lemony! That was the first thing I noticed about it. The scent is citrusy and refreshing, but not overpowering. It's a very lightweight lotion, and it doesn't feel greasy on the skin. My skin is quite dry, so I might need a thicker, more hydrating lotion.

But this one just smells so amazing, I could smell it all day!

Get it from Amazon here and give it a try:)

Indola - REPAIR Keratin Filler

indola repair keratin filler

The Indola Keratin Filler is a leave-in conditioner that will revive dull hair and give it back its lustrous shine. That's what it claims, anyway! I sprayed in some all over my hair, and what I noticed is that the scent is very refreshing. It makes you feel like you just walked out of the hairdresser's. Glamour! The texture is non-greasy (very important for hair products), and I also did note my hair feeling sleeker!

The texture is non-greasy (very important for hair products), and I also did note my hair feeling sleeker and easier tamed! Bonus: the scent stayed all day, making me feel fab every time I swung my hair around (swish swish!).

Get fab-smelling, sleek hair too, with the Indola Repair Keratin Filler on Amazon.

Absolution - La Crème de Santé

absolution la creme de sante

La Crème de Santé is a face moisturiser that's meant to "moisturise, calm, balance". I really liked its texture, because it was lightweight and absorbed into my skin very quickly, giving it a much-needed hydration boost.

What I didn't love so much was its smell. I'm guessing it's the hyssop. Not a big fan. Personal preference though!

Get the moisturiser on Amazon here (US only) 🙂

Lord & Berry - Strobing Pencil #1153

lord and berry strobing pencil

lord and berry strobing pencil

What a lovely highlighter! It's quite pigmented and iridescent, so you can add a little bit of golden shine to your look. The highlighter can also be used as a top-layer eyeshadow, for some glitz;) I love how it complements my skin tone!

Not available for purchase on Amazon.

birchbox spain september

Rating

7/10

The products are all nice, but nothing especially stood out to me. I loved the scent of the Naobay lotion, so that was my favourite item in this month's Birchbox!

Looking forward to next month:D You'll be the first to know about my October Birchbox and all the beauty goodies I'll be getting in it!

Helene is a lifestyle blogger whose goal is to inspire others to live their life to the fullest. She loves dancing, and she would love to see as much of the world as possible!

1. Tatiana Sieff
    September 17, 2017

I used to love and live by my Birchbox subscription – I can’t help but feel like they don’t quite have the spark that they used to, though… Either way – that highlighter pencil looks super nice!

September 18, 2017

I have no clue since I just started my subscription this year:) Thanks for your comment!

2. Shell
    September 18, 2017

These look like such wonderful products and I also like vet the cute packaging!

September 18, 2017

Thanks for stopping by:)

3. Akshay Malhotra
    September 18, 2017

Although I have never heard about this brand before but as per your review they look quite wonderful to use. Overall a very well written article! Everything well explained along with images 🙂

September 18, 2017

Thank you!!:)

4. Linda
    September 18, 2017

I love the highlighter! Really great review of the products!

September 18, 2017

Aw thank you!

5. Jane
    September 18, 2017

Never seen these before. I’m going to check them out… I have super dry hair that really need some help lol

Jane at http://www.thismamablogs.com
    I blog about mindful living and my journey to financial freedom

September 18, 2017

My hair is also super dry!! Asian genes haha! I hope the products help you:)

1. Jane
        September 18, 2017

I kind of like the highlighter too. I think it’s good for night out or night occasions. Will check it out

September 18, 2017

Awesome, let me know how it goes:)

6. Dr. K. Lee Banks
    September 19, 2017

This looks like an excellent way to learn about new products. It’s nice to have the option to try them in sample sizes, especially, before committing to the cost of a full-size product–especially if it turns out you don’t like it or you have some adverse reaction to it!

September 19, 2017

That’s exactly why Birchbox are so successful, I think:) Also, I think they’re pretty generous with their sample sizes, it’s not like those tiny ones you get in stores, it’s actually enough to use for a while so you can really try the product out routinely. Thanks for stopping by:)

7. Rosey
    September 19, 2017

I don’t think I’ve ever had a lemony lotion. That would be my fave, I already know!

September 19, 2017

I didn’t before, either!:) you’ll have to try it out:)

8. Alex Iveson
    September 21, 2017

Ooh that Naobay body radiance lotion sounds sooo good! I love lemon scented products too! May have to get some 🙂 Thanks for sharing x

September 21, 2017

It is! I discovered the brand through Birchbox and now own like 3 different ones:) Thanks for commenting!:)

9. Claire
    September 21, 2017

I always wondered about Birchbox! Does it worth it or not? And it seems most people who subscribed like it!

September 22, 2017

To me it is because you do get reasonably sized samples and extra goodies:) I never even have to shop for cosmetics anymore!

10. Jordan Around The Globe
    September 22, 2017

I’ve never tried Birchbox before but I have seen it on social media but wondered if it was worth it and you can get what you’re looking for! The products look great though, I’ll have to try it and see.

September 22, 2017

I think it’s worth it, because you get to discover new products and the samples are big enough to last you for a while:)

11. Bri
    September 22, 2017

When they first came out I got a couple of free boxes but that was years ago, so I would love to give them another shot!

September 22, 2017

I think they’ve probably evolved since then:) Let me know how it goes!

12. Christine
    September 22, 2017

Looks like some really great products. I’ve heard of Birchbox, but didn’t realize the types of products you could get. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading!:)

13. Debbie
    September 22, 2017

These sort of boxes of goodies seem to be very popular at the moment but I’ve not tried them. It sounds like a good way to try out new products. I love lemon scented creams, so fresh!

September 22, 2017

They are, and you just feel so fab when you run around smelling lemony? you should give it a go sometime????

14. Aditi
    September 22, 2017

That’s interesting. Not just the products, but the packaging looks interesting as well. Let’s see what’s in your box next month. Cheers!!

September 22, 2017

The boxes are sooo pretty! I never throw them away, even though they’re cluttering up my little apartment…I’ll be doing an October post as soon as I receive the box:D

15. Lexie
    September 22, 2017

Such a great work on explaining every essential details about these products, I would love to try the radiance body lotion, I think It’ll fit with me. thanks for sharing!

September 22, 2017

Thanks for your nice words! I’m glad you enjoyed reading??

16. Julie
    September 22, 2017

I’ve never tried one of these subscriptions before. Love how you describe them, though.

Thank you!

17. Margarette Puno
    September 24, 2017

This looks so interesting! I should try this out since this is my first time to hear about this.

September 24, 2017

Yes definitely! It’s a great way to try out cosmetics:)