Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles
This dish was inspired by a recipe on Inspiralized. I recently got a spiralizer and I am OBSESSED. It's a great way to make healthy and delicious food quickly. I also think that the noodle shape tricks my body into thinking that I'm eating pasta, so I feel quite full after one portion of this. Have fun cooking!
- 1 medium-sized zucchinior courgette, if you're from the UK spiralized (small blade)
- 2 salad tomatoes chopped roughly
- 4 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 2 portobello mushrooms chopped
- 1 avocado
- 3 tablespoons green pesto
- 1 lemon
- 2 gloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped (or dried)
- parmesan cheese grated (optional)
Heat oil (I used olive but vegetable would work too) in pan, when hot, add garlic, simmer for 2 min until fragrant.
Add mushrooms, sauté for 5 minutes (or until brown).
Add zucchini noodles and spinach, until spinach has wilted.
In the meantime, prepare the sauce: Peel avocado and remove seed. If able to mash, use a fork and mash in a bowl, if not, use a blender. Add pesto, parsley, salt and pepper (to taste). Squeeze lemon juice into sauce (to taste, depending on how you like the texture of your sauce).
Add tomatoes and sauce, stir through until sauce has mixed with juice from the vegetables.
Serve hot topped with parmesan.