This is Bri, a healthy lifestyle blogger. I really admire her, because she has such a wealth of knowledge in the field of nutrition and health in general. She is also an advocate for the practice of mindfulness, which I also strongly support:) All in all, she’s awesome! So check out her blog and read her interview to find out more.
About Bri and her Blog
- When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging about 1 year ago. I have a TON of info stored in my brain from years and years of researching healthy living and using my research to experiment on myself. I want to share all that info and the amazing results I’ve achieved over the years, but make it easy for others.
- What topics does your blog cover?
Basically, I’m all about natural health and wellness – but making it easy. I follow a lot of health and wellness bloggers and I feel like sometimes they can make it seem like a big process. I cover basics of things like meal planning, essential oils, what a healthy meal looks like, mindfulness, and more. These are all things that all play a part in being truly healthy and happy.
- What are your 3 favourite things about blogging?
Sharing my knowledge with others, receiving comments from others that one of my posts helped them, and I get to do it my way!
- What would your favourite day look like?
I’d get to sleep in, have someone make me a nutritious breakfast, read a good book, meditate, eat another nutritious meal, read more, do some yoga. That all sounds very relaxing to me. And I guess it sounds a little woo-woo.
- What’s your all-time favourite quote?
Hmmmm….I have so many! I’ll go with “When diet is wrong medicine is of no use. When diet is correct medicine is of no need” Ayurvedic Proverb
About Bri’s Lifestyle
- What are your 3 best tips for someone who wants to lead a healthy lifestyle?
1. Cut out the crap!! This might be one of the hardest things to do, but stop eating processed foods and sugar. Those are the biggest culprits to 95% of disease.
2. Exercise. Ok I know, I know…you probably don’t want to hear that. I still am not a big fan of exercise, but I do it 3-5 times a week. It’s necessary, and it doesn’t have to be crazy weight lifting. You don’t even need to go to the gym. Run around the block, do push ups using your kitchen counter top, do lunges across your living room.
3. Practice mindfulness. I used to think meditating was ‘woo-woo’, but it’s amazing! 10 minutes a day will make a huge difference in your memory, stress, and mindset.
- What are the 3 songs that summarize your lifestyle?
This is a tough one for me to answer because I don’t relate my life to songs. But I love classic rock (that’s part of the reason I use Hippie in my website name). For what it’s worth by Buffalo Springfield because we really do need to ‘stop and look around’. Just say no to GMO by Mike Adams. I actually haven’t heard that song, but I definitely say no to GMO’s and Mike Adams is awesome! Born to be wild by Steppenwolf. I like the lyrics “Like a true nature’s child. We were born, born to be wild”.
- What’s your favourite outfit for each season?
I have zero fashion sense and always go for comfort. I wear flip flops year round, even in the rain. I live in Southern California so wearing flip flops all the time is possible. I usually wear tank tops and put a sweater on if it’s chilly. I am trying to buy more organic clothing because there are so many chemicals in clothing, it’s scary!
- What are 3 essential items you have to have in your handbag when you leave the house?
Organic lip balm, my favorite essential oil blend that I wear as perfume – Cheer, and a nail file (I hate when my nails chip and I have sharp edges).
- What’s your morning routine?
I wake up around 7 am and try to lay in bed with my eyes closed for a couple minutes. Then, I drink my morning detox drink of warm lemon water with some Himalayan salt. I eat sauteed veggies with a free range egg and drink coffee. Then I workout in our garage gym. From there I shower and get ready for the rest of my day.
Blog URL: www.hippiedippiemom.com
I hope you enjoyed reading Bri’s answers, and that you learned a thing or two about leading a healthy lifestyle! Take a look at the rest of the interviews in the HC Humanize series!