I got nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award, yay!!
*clears throat* First of all, I’d like to thank all my friends and family… Ha, I’ve always wanted to do that.
But no, in all seriousness, thank you to Dr. Elise Cohen Ho, who nominated me on grounds of my disclaimer (it’s a pretty good disclaimer, okay?), so thank you so much for that! Elise is a Ph.D. in Natural Health, and a very experienced blogger. Check out her blog for natural health news, recipes, fun things to do, tips and ideas for building healthy relationships and a lot more!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
Getting to this.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
A brief story of how my blog started
Ok, so basically, I am a smart-ass. I love telling people about how they can improve their lives with different items and services they can sign up for (make-up subscriptions, food prep boxes, you name it, I recommend it). Picture this: my friend says she has no time to cook, or is too lazy to cook. I go: “You know, there’s this great service where they deliver your groceries straight to your door! In all the right quantities for set recipes they provide. Isn’t that awesome??” Cue bemused looks.
Then, one day in April 2017, I thought, why not do this officially? Because I’m so great at it! (Jokes.)
Jokes aside, my aspiration is to inspire people to get the most out of life by sharing my experiences. You can read more about why I started my blog here.
2 pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Write. A lot. If you don’t want to be 100% committed, don’t do it. I don’t blog for money (although money would be a nice bonus), I don’t blog for recognition (maybe the wrong place to say this :P), but I feel strongly about sharing my experiences in the areas that I love: I’m a foodie, an avid traveler, and a newbie fitness nut. If you’re half-hearted about this, stop right now, because you’re going to feel burdened by it and that’s no fun. Blogging should be fun! Even if I’m stressed about it sometimes (who doesn’t), I still really really love doing it!
- Get involved with others. Talk to other people! If you’re an extrovert, this should be easy for you. If you’re an introvert, take it as a challenge, it will teach you how to get better at communicating. From social media engagement to later talking to professional people at brands, if you want to monetize your site, you’ll always have to speak to others for feedback, for support, and to learn.
Of course I would’ve loved to nominate every single blog I’ve come across so far, but I’m only allowed 15. I really do think that everyone would deserve this, because every person who blogs has put themselves out there, has sacrificed time and energy to share their experiences and thoughts with others, and that’s truly amazing.
It was really difficult to choose, but I had to. I also felt like I should split the blogs into 4 categories (food, travel, fitness, mixed), since that’s how my blog is structured. Here are the blogs that have stood out to me as being particularly exceptional in content or design, and why I chose to nominate them:
- Lathi’s Kitchen: for the fabulous recipes
- Ashee’s Cookbook: for the mouthwatering food photography
- Distant and Local: for the clean and professional design
- Anya Perry: for the awesome healthy eating attitude
- Digital Travel Guru: for the clean design, great advice, and amazing pictures
- Find World’s Beauty: for the exceptional travel photography
- Alyssa All Day: for the adventurous and fabulous style
- Start bag pack: for the idea of collecting travelers’ stories in one place
- Amy Bishop Fitness: for the abolishment of the “weak woman” image
- Just keep it simple fitness: for the elegance of simplicity
- Fab Mind Fit Body: for the tough love mentality
Mixed or Other (Lifestyle, Photography, Parenthood…)
- Adventurous Mama: for her dedication to being an amazing, fun, and fabulous mother
- Eme’s Mind: for the diverse and plentiful content
- Un bouquet d’amour: for the elegant fashion
- Micropreneur Life: for the interesting business posts
Special shoutout to my pal, the tecchie blogger 9 to 5 gadgets, for being one of the only tech bloggers I know;) (You don’t have to do anything, you’re just featured here as a bonus!)
Congrats to all the nominees and much love to all of you, I really wanted to nominate everyone!! <3