Preparation time: 15 minutes
This is a really quick lunch option if you’re looking for something nice and filling. Also a good time to get your portion of fish in! I totally improvised the filling, since I love tuna mayo and cottage cheese as separate fillings, but combined together not only does it become healthier (as you use less mayo), but also so yummy!
- 1 big potato, or 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 can tuna (I used tuna in water, but feel free to use tuna in oil or brine)
- 1/2 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp plain cottage cheese
- 1/2 tbsp ranch dressing (optional)
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cheese (cheddar, emmental, whichever type you like)
- Wash the potato. Poke holes in it with a fork. Drizzle olive oil and salt on it and rub into the skin.
- You can either bake the potato in the oven (1 hour, or until potato is soft), OR, if you’re like me, you can use the microwave. Cook on highest power for 5 minutes, turn, cook another 5 minutes. Works like a charm for me. This might work better with 2 medium-sized potatoes rather than 1 big one, but I guess it depends on your microwave. Trust me, once you’ve found out the ideal cooking time, this is the easiest way to make baked potatoes ever.
- In the meantime, combine the tuna, mayo, cottage cheese and lemon juice. Optionally, you can add some ranch dressing (I don’t know how I came up with that, but it tasted good.) Salt and pepper to taste. Add some chives for flavour.
- When the potatoes are done, cut them down the middle, add butter and fluff. If you want a healthier version, leave out the butter.
- Add filling, top with the cheese of your choice, and enjoy!