Preparation time: 30 minutes
OBSESSED. It’s a great way to make healthy and delicious food quickly. I also think that
the noodle shape tricks my body into thinking that I’m eating pasta, so I feel quite full
after one portion of this. The recipe is below, have fun cooking!
- 1 medium-sized zucchini (or courgette, if you’re from the UK), spiralized (small blade)
- 2 salad tomatoes, chopped roughly
- 4 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 2 portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 3 tablespoons green pesto
- 1 lemon
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (or dried)
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Heat oil (I used olive but vegetable would work too) in pan, when hot, add garlic, simmer for 2 min until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, sauté for 5 minutes (or until brown).
- Add zucchini noodles and spinach, until spinach has wilted.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce: Peel avocado and remove seed. If able to mash, use a fork and mash in a bowl, if not, use a blender. Add pesto, parsley, salt and pepper (to taste). Squeeze lemon juice into sauce (to taste, depending on how you like the texture of your sauce).
- Add tomatoes and sauce, stir through until sauce has mixed with juice from the vegetables.
- Serve hot topped with parmesan.