10 Tips and Tricks for a Fit and Healthy Lifestyle

filip-mroz-272164

Hi!

I thought I'd share my advice for starting and maintaining a fit and healthy lifestyle with all of you. I don't believe in prescribing things for people to do, and I feel like everyone should do what they feel is right for their body and their circumstances.

So, here are just my two cents on it, and you can take them as you want, maybe add things you do, get inspired to do something, whatever you feel like! 🙂

Enjoy!

Headline for 10 Tips and Tricks to Help You Live a Healthy Lifestyle

10 Tips and Tricks to Help You Live a Healthy Lifestyle

Do you struggle with keeping healthy and fit? Take a look at this list and add your best tips and tricks for maintaining a healthy lifestyle!

Drink A LOT of Water

Jul 15, 2017
Drink A LOT of Water

Keeping hydrated is key to being healthy, and having energy. In addition, drinking water before meals can help curb portion sizes, because it makes you feel fuller before you've eaten. Nevertheless, don't overdo it. Don't exceed 2-3 Liters per day depending on physical activity and weather to avoid negative effects.

Do it YOUR WAY

Jul 15, 2017
Do it YOUR WAY

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is for you. It builds your self-confidence, boosts your happiness, and gives you a sense of fulfillment. So why should you do what others prescribe? Do your research, see what worked for others, and adapt those things to your personal needs and circumstances. Don't just blindly imitate other people's strategies, because if you don't own it, you won't be motivated to do it in the long term. Do what you enjoy and what is useful to you!

Take Breaks

Jul 15, 2017
Take Breaks

Give your body regular breaks. This helps avoid injuries as well as giving you a chance to rest, evaluate your progress, and re-energise. It's important to take breaks because you risk burning out if you don't.

Incorporate Exercise into Your Routine

Jul 15, 2017
Incorporate Exercise into Your Routine

Having set days where you do sports, go to the gym, or do workouts at home, is the best way to keep at it. Just like you have meals at regular times, go to work at regular times, exercising at regular times makes it seem normal, and you won't be tempted to skip it.

Get Equipped

Jul 15, 2017
Get Equipped

Having the right sports equipment is crucial, because you're much more likely to get injured if you're using low-quality or the wrong stuff. Think of it as an investment: you're way less likely to get injured (reduced medical bills), it's going to last longer (save money in the long term), and you're more likely to use it often! The right equipment also makes exercising more enjoyable because you feel more comfortable.

Vary Your Activities

Jul 15, 2017
Vary Your Activities

You don't have to work out at the gym every day to get fit. Go wandering with your friends at the weekend, swim at the lake or at the pool when it's hot outside, go for a walk in the city to explore new places, just participate in as many activities as you can! There are so many things that get you moving without you even realising it! Even things like window shopping (or real shopping if you have the money) get you moving and keeping fit.

Sleep...Enough

Jul 15, 2017
Sleep...Enough

I know, I know, we all have problems with sleeping enough hours (I say while typing this up at 2 am)... But we have to try. Because when you don't sleep enough, a load of stuff goes wrong with your body. You feel sluggish, you can't focus, your skin breaks out, you get hungrier... And no one wants that, right? The appropriate amount of sleep varies per person, but you feel it when you don't get enough. Then just get more.

Appropriate Portion Sizes

Jul 15, 2017
Appropriate Portion Sizes

This is the one weight loss guideline that I try to stick to as much as possible. I've found that, as long as you eat a varied diet, what you eat isn't nearly as important as how much of it you eat. Just try to listen to your stomach and stop when you don't feel hungry anymore. You yourself know when you're stuffing yourself just to finish that delicious piece of cake or whatever it is you're having. You know it! Just don't do it. You can have the yummy food, just don't overeat.

Eat Varied Meals

Jul 15, 2017
Eat Varied Meals

Nothing to it, really. There's absolutely no need for you to just eat greens day in, day out. If that's what you want to do, cool, but if it's not, don't do it. Just try to eat different types of food throughout the day. If you're having pasta, have some chicken and some veg with it. Then, have some fruit as a snack, and maybe a salad with smoked salmon or egg in the evening. Simple, right? There's no need to follow a meal plan if you just take care to vary your food! But if you have no idea how to and you want to follow a meal plan, do it!:)

Find Your Motivation

Jul 15, 2017
Find Your Motivation

What's your goal? Think long term. What do you want to be like when you're older? Healthy, fit, able to travel and walk around without assistance? Or do you just want to look really good? Whatever it is, make sure it's YOUR goal. It's nobody else's business why you're losing weight, trying to get fit, getting fitter, staying healthy, etc. Just yours. And if you make your goal personal, no one can stop you from doing it, and you'll keep being motivated.

Sign up to the FREE Fit & Healthy Email Course

Get started on your healthy lifestyle journey in 5 emails!
Helene is a lifestyle blogger whose goal is to inspire others to live their life to the fullest. She loves dancing, and she would love to see as much of the world as possible!

1. Great tips! Drinking water is so important but I definitely don’t drink enough x

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

July 17, 2017

Thanks a lot! You should definitely try to change that, it’s just small steps:)

2. wendie
    July 17, 2017

Great tips!! xx

July 17, 2017

Thanks! Xx

3. thewriteblogweb
    July 17, 2017

These tips are certainly important, particularly with finding motivation and getting enough sleep!

Meg x | the-writeblog.blogspot.co.uk

July 17, 2017

Thank you! I’m glad you found it useful:)

4. Akshay Malhotra
    July 18, 2017

I love these tips! The whole list is so well balanced from eating to exercise and to take rest, you have marked the importance of each activity. You do not have to simply go mad about exercising without taking some breaks.. Thanks for sharing with us 🙂

July 18, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback!!:) I’m glad you liked it:)

5. Kayleigh Zara
    July 18, 2017

I totally agree with this! Drinking more water can make you feel so much better! X

Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

July 18, 2017

Thank you!:) I’ve adjusted my water intake and noticed quite a difference! It’s probably because I never used to drink enough😋

6. curlycraftymom
    July 19, 2017

These are all such great tips! I have been trying to work out first thing in the morning, so I don’t have any excuses. That also helps me get to bed early so I don’t miss out on any Zzz’s. I do drink mostly water, but I probably should drink more and less coffee!

Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

July 19, 2017

Thank you! That’s a great plan! I’m a night owl, so I would never be able to work out in the morning unfortunately:(

7. These are great tips, I’m trying to hard to be more healthy so I’m drinking more water and trying to get the sleep I need.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

July 19, 2017

Thanks for your kind words! Me too, but it’s the sleep O struggle the most with…

8. portion sizes and drinking lots of water has been a big revelation for me recently. I’ve noticed a complete change in my skin and in my weight, it’s fantastic!

Hannah @ The Northern Writes | http://www.thenorthernwrites.co.uk

July 19, 2017

Awesome, congrats on your progress!:)

9. Beth Aldrich
    July 19, 2017

lovely posts, quite enlightening!

Beth http://allthebrightplaces.co.uk

July 19, 2017

Thanks so much!

10. Lola Bellouere
    July 19, 2017

I never get enough sleep but always drink lots of water! Some great tips here! X
    Lola Mia // http://www.lolitabonita.co.uk

July 19, 2017

Same here haha! Thanks! X

11. beautychaos
    July 20, 2017

Taking breaks is my worst one – I’m glued to the computer all the time! These are great reminders, thank you.

July 20, 2017

So glad you liked it! Thanks;) yeah it’s difficult to remember to take a break once in a while!

12. Lydia Amadi Chinyere
    July 20, 2017

thanks for reminding me, One thing i don’t miss is Water, it’s like every second of my life depends on it.

July 20, 2017

That’s a great start:) I hope the post is helpful for you!:)

13. Itziar
    July 20, 2017

very interesting tips, thanks!

July 20, 2017

Thanks for your comment:)

14. Abbie
    July 21, 2017

I needed this post, thank you so much! These sort of posts help get me motivated!
    Abbie x

July 21, 2017

Thank you for your kind words!:)

15. GorgeousAndGeeky
    July 22, 2017

I definitely needed to read this. I recently decided that I am tired of being overweight and miss feeling healthy. I am slowly, but surely, trying to incorporate healthier choices into my routine.

July 22, 2017

Thank you, I’m so glad you found it helpful:) keep going!!